After the episode finished, we went out for some drinks and crab cakes (I’m visiting kitlee625 right now, who lives in Baltimore), so we’re a little buzzed. But here we go:
- My Philinda feels are exploding.
- May is the ONLY PERSON HE TRUSTS TO KEEP RUNNING SHIELD. But she doesn’t want to do that because she is going to take him to Australia and keep him safe in a cabin in the outback. THESE TWO ARE GOING TO KILL ME!
- Coulson wants to discuss a plan, but May already has a plan complete with fake passports and money. Just listen to your work wife, Coulson! She knows what’s going on. All you need to do is hold her stuff — then you can feel useful.
- May vs May is the sexiest, most badass thing in the world.
On a more serious note:
- This episode emphasized that we are dealing with four different sides: SHIELD, Hydra, Skye’s dad (Team Alien), and the US Government.
- Hydra wants Raina to give back the Obelisk. DUH DUH DUH!
- Speaking of Raina, she’s heading down to Miami when they get her. Is she after the painting or after Team SHIELD? Perhaps they planted the painting to draw out Coulson and his team.
- Who did the writing on the back of the painting? Right now I’m betting on Skye’s dad. Is he a former SHIELD agent, and/or a former TAHITI test subject?
- The B-plot was all about Fitz being brought back into the team. Conversely, Skye is upset all episode long that May and Coulson are keeping her in the dark, and at the end of the episode she’s isolating herself from the team and pushes Trip away. Is this an indication that she’s going to go off on her own? If she does, she’ll probably head off to join her dad/Team Alien.
This episode had a lot of great character moments (and so many feels), but also pushed the plot forward. Really excited to see where all of this is going!
“No matter what happens, I will take care of you. That’s my plan”
Okay this is DEFINITELY Philinda fanfiction. My feeeeeeeels!
— Coulson, watching the beginning of some May vs. May action